Choice Hotel Bed Bug Lawyers
Choice hotels, a hospitality franchisor and one of the largest hotel chains in the world, Owns several hotel brands such as the Quality Inn and Comfort Inn.
These brands have been a household name for years, and chances are you have stayed in a Choice hotel brand in your lifetime.
Despite their reliable reputations however, these hotels have been subject to bed bug problems for decades.
Numerous victims have been injured to bed bugs in Choice Hotels, in fact, over the years there have been thousands of known bed bug reports in these hotels all around the U.S (316 reported cases for the Quality Inn according to the bed bug registry as of 2018).
Bed bug infestations are often the result of insufficient inspection protocols or poor communication between hotel staff.
With these things in mind, it’s important to perform your own personal investigation when staying in one of these hotels.
Though if it’s already too late, there are options for you to receive compensation for your injuries.
File A Claim Against Choice Hotels: Quality Inn, Comfort Inn
If you’re an unlucky victim who’s looking to receive financial compensation for your injuries, you’ll need the following items to help build your case.
- Pictures of the Incident – You’ll want to take pictures of your bites, on any part of the body that you have experienced them. Try and find the bed bug nest, while making sure to include the room’s background in the pictures. Lastly if you can capture a few bed bugs as proof this will also help your case.
- Proof of Negligence – This can be a bit more difficult to prove. You’ll need to show that the Comfort or Quality Inn staff (or other Choice Hotel staff) was fully aware of the situation before you fell victim. Your case will be entirely built around the fact that management knew about the situation, but chose for whatever reason not to properly eradicate the existing infestation.
- Document The Experience – It’s really important to report and document everything that goes on. This includes the following:
- Names of management staff that you spoke to (and personal contact information if you can get it)
- Dates at which the event transpired. This includes date of check In, check out, dates injuries occurred etc..
- Hospital you went to in order to receive treatment, medical bills & receipts.
- Lost time at work due to your injuries
- Lost belongings that you had to discard of as a result of the infestation.
How Harmful Are Bed Bug Bites?
Though uncommon, some individuals can have very serious allergic reactions to bites that come from bed bug infestations.
The question whether bed bugs are dangerous is a complicated one, but in most cases you’ll suffer from just general irritation and itchiness.
In serious cases you can experience effects such as facial swelling, weakness, trouble breathing, shock, and vomiting.
Another thing to watch out for are secondary skin infections, because bed bugs are itchy, and can last for a couple of weeks, so people tend to scratch themselves to the point that it creates wounds.
These wounds are great entry points for certain bacteria and can lead to to the following infections.
Common Signs of a Bed Bug Infestation At The Comfort Inn or Quality Inn
Bed bugs are small oval, brownish insects that are about the size of an apple seed.
After they’re done feeding, they can sometimes swell up to three times the size, and adopt a slightly reddish undertone.
Bed bugs typically hide in dark places, and only come out when their victims are asleep at night.
They can be found in the hotel mattress, box springs, bed frames, or headboards, where they’re able to easily access people at night.
They can also be found behind wall hangings, behind furniture, and along baseboards.
These creatures can be found in groups, or sometimes they can scatter in many places throughout the room. Because bed bugs live solely on blood, you can’t assume just because the hotel is clean that it is safe from an infestation.
Bed bugs can exist in immaculate hotel rooms whether it be a luxury 5 star hotel or a motel 6, but luckily they can be seen and identified fairly easily.
How to Sue Choice Hotels For a Bed Bug Infestation
Hotel managers and staff have a duty to guests and visitors, which include certain standards of cleanliness, and sanitation.
Insects and any pest infestation really, are hazards that will endanger the health of guests.
For this reason hotels must take the appropriate measures to completely eliminate a known infestation from a reoccurrence, by hiring licensed and certified exterminators.
Unfortunately, often times negligence or incompetent hotel staff will cause standard operating procedure to break down, leading to negligence, which can entitle a victim to financial compensation.
Determining who is at fault in a bed bug lawsuit can be a complicated process, and can demand careful examination of many moving parts.
It’s extremely important in this case to seek the advice of our bed bug experts and lawyers, to ensure you know your rights accordingly.
If you were bitten by bed bugs at any of the Choice hotel brands, including the Quality Inn, Comfort Inn etc.. that it’s absolutely in your best interest to discuss your legal options with an experienced bed bug expert, who can help personalize your strategy and your right to a claim.
Becoming subject to a bed bug infestation can be nothing short of life altering, affecting your physical, emotional, and mental health.
For this reason the first thing you should always do is seek treatment for your injuries.
Once those injuries are stable and under control, reach out to the bed bug lawyers team to get help and learn whether you have a case.
Contact Us Now
Get in Touch With an Expert
Don't give up, it's time to take matters into your own hands. Get in touch with an attorney today!