Aaron's Furniture Bed Bug Lawyers
Aaron’s furniture is a lease to own retailer, focusing on leases and retail sales of furniture, appliances, and electronics.
This retail giant was founded in 1955 with just one store located in Atlanta, Georgia. Since then they have grown to operate over 2,000 stores in the United States, many of which are operated independently.
Aaron’s maintains a unique business model, allowing people to avoid large upfront payments by making affordable monthly payments instead.
This model has led Aaron to successfully position itself as a budget friendly way to make your space feel like a home.
Like many furniture stores, Aaron’s furniture has become victim of a growing number of reported bed bug cases coming from its customers.
Aaron’s, and similar rent to own furniture companies like Rent-A-Center, promise customers with clean, safe, and bed bug free products.
Unfortunately, these assurances have not gone very far..
Aaron’s is experiencing serious trust, credibility, and public relations nightmares as multiple customers have reported severe injuries from products that were purchased containing bed bugs.
Aaron’s Furniture Bed Bug Stories
- According to a story by Atlanta News Now, a Florida family sued Aarons Furniture for a bed they rented. After the couple rented “preleased” beds their children became sick soon after. Bed bugs quickly spread and laid eggs behind built-in drawers and under the son’s mattress. The family is now forced to throw out most of their belongings and move, effectively starting their life over. Therefore, they filed a $1.5 million lawsuit against Aaron’s, and the couple now has their backyard wedding on hold as a result.
- Another individual, Jose Sorento, purchased a couch and chair yesterday that was dropped off in February of this year. The couch was immediately infested with bed bugs, requiring him to hire pest control, which costs well over $2,000. Jose has a terminally ill child who is immune suppressant and on blood thinners.
How Did My Furniture Get Infested with Bed Bugs?
Renting used products is a major way people unknowingly bring bed bugs into their homes and apartments.
This is a concrete fact, that has been acknowledged by leading bed bug experts, health departments, university programs, and pest control companies like Orkin and Terminix.
Many people are under the misconception that bed bugs live in bedding and mattresses, and while this may have been the case once, bed bugs can come from many different places.
Bed bugs are highly adaptable and evolve quickly, so they can find shelter in various appliances, containers, or cracks/crevices that exist in your home.
These creatures are small, nimble creatures that are terribly skilled at hiding, making it easy for unknowing customers to purchase items that are extremely infested.
Due to the color of bed bugs, and small/flat size, bed bug nymphs and eggs are much more difficult to detect then bed bugs in their adult form.
What Happens Next?
In a lot of cases, these rent-to-own companies like Aaron’s require customers to sign a release form, waiving all claims before they will provide you with the necessary pest control.
In all circumstances you must avoid signing these forms, that are structured to protect companies rather than individuals, but instead use that opportunity to craft a bed bug demand letter.
If you agree to the terms of these forms, or accept any form of payment from the company, you may relinquish your right to compensation in a potential lawsuit.
As a paying customer you have certain rights and should never feel obligated to sign a document that has not been read by a professional lawyer.
If at any point you’re presented with some kind of release forms, get in touch with us immediately to discuss your situation.
What to Do When infested By Bed Bugs
If you fall victim to a bed bug infestation it’s important to follow these steps in order to remedy the situation and build your case for potential compensation.
- Take Photos – Make sure to document all of your injuries, or the injuries of your loved ones by taking pictures of the bites wherever they occurred on your body. Also try and take pictures of the infested furniture, making sure live bed bugs are in clear view.
- Seek Medical Attention – If you’re experiencing any severe symptoms it’s important to seek the help of a medical professional right away.
- Contain all belongings where possible – If you have infested clothes or personal belongings make sure to seal them so the infestation doesn’t spread further.
- Get in touch with a lawyer to discuss your case.
Getting Compensated for Bed Bug Injuries
If you were infested by bed bug from furniture, appliances, or electronics that you purchased from Aaron’s furniture, you may be able to seek compensation for any of the following damages:
- Medical and emergency room expenses
- Future medical care needed (for injuries that occurred physically, emotionally, or mentally from the infestation).
- General pain and suffering
- Property damage along with damage to your clothes, luggage and other belongings
- Lost wages due to lost time at work
These are a few of several different types of monetary and non-monetary damages that can occur which you could be eligible for.
With the help of a qualified bed bug attorney, you can learn what you’re eligible for.
Click here for more information on the value of a bed bug lawsuit.
Get a Reliable Lawyer for Aaron’s Furniture Bed Bug Cases
If you’re currently dealing with an infestation resulting from furniture you purchased at Aaron’s or any other furniture store you may be eligible for compensation. The first step is to get in touch with our bed bug experts who can help with your case.
Our team of lawyers has provided reliable and professional representation to victims for years, and we’re dedicated to helping people get justice.
Contact us today for a free consultation and we’ll determine how to proceed.
Our legal team is the best in the business to help you pursue a bed bug lawsuit anywhere in the country when you turn to us for representation.
Contact Us Now
Get in touch with us today
Fill out the form to the right to get in touch with a bed bug specialist.