When Keirstin Sibley and her roommates first moved into the Bush House Hotel, it wasn’t long before they fell victim to a bed bug infestation. Things had gotten so bad that they wore long sleeves and gloves to bed, as a way to protect themselves from further bites.
“We were being eaten alive,” Sibley said.
When they brought the infestation to the attention of the landlord, Sibley and her roommates were brushed off. The landlord told them that if they didn’t like living there, they would just have to move out.
The landlord made no efforts to call an exterminator to handle the bed bug problem.
Sibley and her roommates filed lawsuits in 2016 and 2017, alleging negligence on the part of their landlord. Both cases were settled, with the tenants receiving $12,500 in damages.
These details were made available following the Bush House’s condemnation in 2021, where it was deemed uninhabitable to humans.
The details of this case were reported by The Bucks County Courier Times on November 21st, 2021.