Bed Bug Attorney Paducah, Kentucky
Paducah Kentucky is a western Rivertown located at the confluence of the Tennessee and the Ohio rivers, halfway between St. Louis, Missouri, the northwest of Nashville, and to the southeast of Tennessee. Known as the “City of Craft” and folk art, Paducah is a river city that’s considered an uncovered nugget of history, art, architecture, and culinary delight.
Many travelers make a point of stopping through this hidden gem to get away for the weekend or stop by for the night.
The issue with this increase in travelers is due to the increase in reported bed bug infestations in the past few years.
Get a Paducah, Kentucky Bed Bug Lawyer
Have you or a loved one fallen victim to a bed bug infestation? You have the right to recover compensation from your injuries depending on the circumstances of your situation.
Whether you have experienced an infestation in a hotel, motel, Airbnb, used furniture store, or apartment, our bed bug experts can connect you with the appropriate legal help.
The specific amount of compensation will vary on your claim, If you’re looking for numbers to reference, feel free to review the average bed bug settlement figures in 2019. Victims who have been affected by infestations can be eligible to recover compensation for any of the following damages:
- Medical Costs – These include hospital bills, any costs related to treatment of your injuries
- Lost Wages – Income that you lost from time you had to take off work
- Pain and Suffering – This can be mental, emotional, or physical health issues you suffered from a bed bug attack.
- Property Damage – This includes damages to your furniture, clothes, or other belongings that you had to repair or throw out as a result of the infestation.
- Punitive Damages – In cases of severe negligence of a landlord or hotel manager, you could receive compensation for punitive damages to help set an example for the wrongdoing and injustice that occurred.
Bed Bug Infestations at Paducah Motels, Hotels & Apartments
Hotels and apartments are responsible for the majority of reported bed bug infestations from unsuspecting parties.
With people coming in an out all of the time, bed bugs have easy and common access to a food source.
It’s the duty of staff or your landlord to actively inspect the premises for bed bugs and ensure they’re providing a clean and safe environment for their tenants/guests.
After an infestation is identified, it’s important that they act promptly to eliminate the infestation, otherwise more innocent victims will experience harm.
In apartments, many landlords fail to take responsibility for bed bug infestations, and when well documented, can help you build grounds for a case.
You can send your landlord a bed bug demand letter to help thoroughly explain your situation and let them know you plan on taking action against their negligence.
What to do if Exposed to a Bed Bug Infestation
It’s important to take the following steps once you have discovered a bed bug infestation is present to help build your case.
- Take photos of your injuries (wherever the bites occur on your body).
- Take photos of the infestation, bed bugs you see and ideally the nest if you can find it.
- Seek treatment for your injuries, depending on the severity of your injuries you may need help from a certified professional.
- Report the bed bugs to your landlord or hotel management. Make sure to document the name of the person you talked to.
- Report the situation to the local health department.
- Gather any records/receipts relevant to your stay and the experience.
- Seek legal experience from our bed bug experts and lawyers. Contact us for a free consultation.
We can help connect your with the right legal services for your situation. If you’re interested in discussing your situation with knowledgeable lawyers at our firm, don’t hesitate to contact us now!
Our experts are ready to evaluate your claim and provide you the help you need to get justice.
Contact Us Now
Get in touch with us today.
Looking for some help? Our bed bug experts can provide you with the legal assistance you need.